In Palmerston for most of the year ambient temperatures and humidity are high. Landscaped spaces and green corridors enhance visual appeal, cool our infrastructure and support physical and mental health of our residents and visitors.
The Liveable Cities project will increased green cover through tree planting.
Grant scheme for property and business owners to assist in upgrading shop fronts and providing shelter.
- Cost and duration
Estimated $3.5 million over 3 years
- reduces effects of heat and climate
- promotes the viability of small retail and commercial businesses
- helps building owners to attract and retain tenants
- improves comfort for residents, workers and visitors to the area
- creates local jobs by making shopping streets more inviting and interesting places to work and shop
- build local community and civic pride among the business community and people of the Palmerston region
- provides economic uplift
- increases health benefits
Council is seeking funding partnership between the Federal and the Northern Territory Government.
Grant scheme will complement investment by property and business owners.
Photos below left to right: suburb of Zuccoli, Woodroffe shops, artist impression of Woodroffe shops, entrance to Zuccoli, artist impression of new entrance to Zuccoli, cnr Temple Tce and Chung Wah Tce, artist impression of cnr Temple Tce and Chung Wah Tce.