City of Palmerston is redeveloping Gray Community Hall into a contemporary multi-use facility where people can meet, play and socialise.
The Hall is located in the heart of Palmerston and offers an open space for community members and groups to hire for events and functions. It is Council’s most frequently hired facility and a much-loved home to a number of community groups.
The reimagined Gray Community Hall will include multiple zones to allow for simultaneous bookings, both indoor and outdoor. The new design will create more flexibility in a similar sized footprint to the current building.
Planned improvement works:
- a main indoor function space
- a secondary indoor function space
- improved kitchen facilities
- veranda space with high ceiling fans
- internal access-compliant toilets
- an outdoor toilet accessible to those visiting the community garden
- solar PV on roof
- smart-controlled irrigation
- LED lighting
- a higher level of air-conditioning efficiency.
- Cost and duration
This project is worth $1.455 million, with funding provided under the Australian Government’s Community Development Grants program.
The tender closes 18 February 2021. Construction is expected to be completed by August 2021.
The existing Gray Community Hall building is aging, an upgrade has been planned to create a space that is contemporary, versatile and caters to a wider community audience. The existing building will be demolished and replaced with a new, purpose-built community hall. The new build will achieve a higher level of value when compared with a renovation of the existing facility.
The final design for the Gray Community Hall Redevelopment has been amended to include the following additions:
- Raised power points to assist with accessibility,
- Hearing augmentation (audio induction loop),
- Installation of an accessibility compliant push button sliding door to the all-ability access toilet,
- Storage facilities,
- Baby changing facilities; and
- Floating timber flooring, being a ‘like for like’ replacement to the existing floor at the facility.
The new Gray Community Hall design also includes LED lighting throughout, and internal and external CCTV.