The Municipal Plan is a key publication for Council, outlining the City of Palmerston's 2018/19 Annual Budget and proposed rates for the upcoming financial year.
Highlights of this year’s Budget include:
- NEW Strategic Plan to be drafted this year
- NEW Rating Strategy to be drafted this year
- $6.02 million capital works budget
- $2 million to complete Archer Landfill remediation
- $200,000 to continue solar panel installation on Council buildings
- Doubling in tree planting from $72,000 to $150,000
- $690,000 on road resealing up from $400,000
- $675,000 on new and renewed footpaths and driveways up from $245,000
Council also release its draft Long Term Financial Plan. This document outlines the challenges Council is facing and how Council will ensure its financial sustainability over the next 10 years.
The Draft Municipal Plan was open for public feedback from 16 May - 13 June 2018.
Council adopted it's Municipal Plan 2018-2023 at its ordinary meeting on Tuesday 3 July 2018.