Chip Your Pet Month
May is Chip Your Pet Month, and it’s the perfect time to spread knowledge about all the benefits of microchipping your pets.
During the month of May, City of Palmerston are offering free microchipping to residents’ pet dogs and cats. Dogs will need to be registered with Council to receive this, however we can help you with this. A large percentage of lost dogs are never returned to their owners due to number of reasons - but the top reason is the inability to identify and contact the owner.
The advantages of having your pet microchipped are:
- Collars and tags can easily break or fall off, or the contact number on the tag can wear off. A microchip is permanent and can’t be separated from your pet.
- Having your pet ‘chipped increases the likelihood of your pet being returned. Recent studies show that a ‘chipped cat is 20 times more likely to be returned, and a ‘chipped dog is returned 2.5 times more often than unchipped dogs.
- If your pet has been lost or stolen, the chip and registration is proof of your ownership.
- Scanning for a ‘chip is easy and fast – getting your pets home to you as fast as possible.
- Vets can identify injured pets brought to them and contact owners straight away.
Microchipping your pet lasts a lifetime once implanted, however it is recommended that you have your pet scanned each year to safe guard against malfunction. Council can help with this too.
For more information or to book your pet in please contact Council's Animal Education Officer on 8935 9977.
During May, the City of Palmerston Ranger team are running a colouring-in competition.
The competition runs from Tuesday 5 May to Friday 29 May 2020.
Simply download a copy of from your age category listed below and email your entry by the closing date to email@example.com
We have 4 age groups: under 5, 5-10, 11-18 and 18 plus.
There will be one winner in each age category.
Prizes include: City of Palmerston lead, poo bags and 1 x $50.00 voucher of the winner’s choice from either Petbarn Palmerston or Aussie Pooch Yarrawonga.
Winners will be notified by phone by Wednesday 3 June 2020 and will be announced here on our website.
- Terms and conditions of entry
- To enter the competition, you must be a resident of Palmerston to be eligible.
- The competition runs from Tuesday 5 May to Friday 29 May 2020.
- City of Palmerston employees and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- The City of Palmerston’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- Prize winners/guardians of winner will be contacted via nominated phone number.
- Prize winners have the option of selecting 1 x $50.00 voucher of their choice for to either Petbarn Palmerston or Aussie Pooch Yarrawonga only.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are non-transferable. If for any reason a winner does not collect their prize within 90 days, the prize will be forfeited.
- It is a condition of entry into the competition that entrants agree for their personal information (name and suburb) to be used in any promotion relating to the competition.