ALERT: COVID-19 Lockdown ends
As of 1:00pm 2 July 2021, the Northern Territory Government has announced the lockdown period will end.
The City of Palmerston wishes to advise the scheduled reopening of the following facilities;
- Palmerston Swimming and Fitness Centre - Pool will reopen 8am Saturday 3 July. Gym will remain close, and reopen 8am Saturday 10 July.
- Archer Transfer Station - reopening 1pm Friday 2 July. Please adhere to the new QR code sign in requirement and wear a mask
- City of Palmerston Library - Reopening at 10am Saturday 3 July
- Palmerston Recreation Centre - Reopening 10am Monday 5 July
- Council facilities bookings - Reopening Saturday 3 July except for the recreation stadium and any indoor sports bookings. These will resume from Saturday 10 July
- Council offices including Civic Centre - Reopening at 8am Monday 5 July
COVID-19 safe precautions have been put in place by the Northern Territory Government, and City of Palmerston will enforce these at all council facilities. These include;
- Mask wearing is compulsory when entering any council facility
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5m
- Wash and or sanitise your hands regularly
- 'Check in' using the NTG app or use the manual sign-in sheets
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home for your safety and the safety of the community
All scheduled events up until Sunday 4 July have also been cancelled or postponed. All events and activities scheduled beyond that and including Friday 9 July, will be assessed and a decision will be made in due course. See the events page for the most updated information or the City of Palmerston's Facebook page.
City of Palmerston still has Rangers on call during the lock down period for any emergencies or issues that presented to be a risk of the health and safety of the community. At this stage all pound collections are on hold, and currently all dogs are being cared for by our Rangers.
Dogs that are being contained by members of the community can be collected by our Rangers, but will be done so in a contact free manner. The pound is set to reopen on Monday.
Please report dog attacks to Council by ringing our office number 8935 9922
We will update the community as more information becomes available.
All City of Palmerston facilities require a QR code check-in system as per the Chief Health Officer directions as of 30 November 2020.
It is a requirement that City of Palmerston collects all customer and visitor contact details.
Contact tracing applies to all Council facilities including:
- Civic Plaza building
- Palmerston Library
- Palmerston Recreation Centre
- Palmerston Swimming and Fitness Centre
- Council Community Halls.
Events and programs
Contact tracing will occur at all City of Palmerston events upon entry. Further details on our events can be found on our Facebook page.
What we are doing to assist the community
City of Palmerston is supporting residents, businesses and visitors with the following services in place:
Liveable Cities grant
The Liveable Cities grant scheme encourages commercial property and business owners to undertake upgrades and renovations to shopfronts through dollar for dollar funding, up to the value of the property or business owner’s annual rates. Find out more by contacting Council on email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Council has extended free timed parking to include free all-day parking in the city area. Read more here.
Assistance for ratepayers
Council venue hire
Free venue hire is in place until 30 June 2021 at the Palmerston Recreation Centre’s community rooms and stadium, the Palmerston Library’s Community Room, Driver Resource Centre, and Durack Arts Centre.