ALERT: COVID-19 Lockdown II ends
As of 12noon today, Thursday 19 August, there will be a number of mandatory safety precautions introduced to avoid a future spread, and will be enforced throughout all City of Palmerston facilities.
City of Palmerston will begin to open facilities from 1pm today, these will include:
- Archer Waste Facility – Reopening at 1pm Thursday 19 August
- The Palmerston Swimming & Fitness Centre – Pool to reopen 1pm Thursday 19 August, Gym to remain closed until Thursday 26 August 2021
- City of Palmerston Library – Reopening at 1pm Thursday 19 August
- Council facilities bookings – Reopening 1pm Thursday 19 August 2021. Any indoor exercise or sport related bookings will be cancelled until 26 August 2021
- City of Palmerston Pound – Reopening at 1pm Thursday 19 August
- Council offices including customer service desk at Civic Plaza and Depot - Reopening 1pm Thursday 19 August 2021.
COVID-19 safe precautions have been put in place by the Northern Territory Government, and City of Palmerston will enforce these during the lockdown period, and for periods shortly thereafter, or unless otherwise advised by NTG. These include;
• Mask wearing is compulsory when entering any council facility
• Maintain social distancing of 1.5m
• Wash and or sanitise your hands regularly
• 'Check in' using the NTG app or use the manual sign-in sheets
• If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home for your safety and the safety of the community
All scheduled events up until Sunday 22 August have also been cancelled or postponed. All events and activities scheduled beyond that will be assessed and a decision will be made in due course. See the events page for the most updated information or the City of Palmerston's Facebook page.
We will update the community as more information becomes available.
All City of Palmerston facilities have a QR code check-in system as per the Chief Health Officer directions as of 30 November 2020.
It is a requirement that City of Palmerston collects all customer and visitor contact details.
Contact tracing applies to all Council facilities including:
• Civic Plaza building
• Palmerston Library
• Palmerston Recreation Centre
• Palmerston Swimming and Fitness Centre
• Council Community Halls.
Events and programs
Contact tracing will occur at all City of Palmerston events upon entry. Further details on our events can be found on our Facebook page.
What we are doing to assist the community
City of Palmerston is supporting residents, businesses and visitors with the following services in place:
Liveable Cities grant
The Liveable Cities grant scheme encourages commercial property and business owners to undertake upgrades and renovations to shopfronts through dollar for dollar funding, up to the value of the property or business owner’s annual rates. Find out more by contacting Council on email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Council has extended free timed parking to include free all-day parking in the city area. Read more here.
Assistance for ratepayers
Council venue hire
Free venue hire is in place until 30 December 2021 at the Palmerston Recreation Centre’s community rooms and stadium, the Palmerston Library’s Community Room, Driver Resource Centre, and Durack Arts Centre.