Wednesday, 14 November 2018
At its ordinary meeting held on Tuesday 6 November 2018, the City of Palmerston adopted its Annual Report for 2017/18.
- over 1,500 attendees at Geekfest Top End
- $75,844 invested in staff development
- Over 1.2 million bin collections
- 15,000m3 of green waste collected as a result of Tropical Cyclone Marcus
- 142 community members became Australian citizens in Palmerston
- $281,000 of support for community groups and local schools
- the Palmerston Library and Recreation Centre bought 222,000 visitors to the City Centre which helps local businesses
- 90% of Council’s expenditure was spent locally, injecting $27.1 million into the Territory economy.