Looking for a change? Want to make a difference in your community? Council is regularly looking for enthusiastic and committed people to join our growing team.
Council strives to be an Employer of Choice, offering a wide variety of careers across the five key areas:
- Office of the CEO
- Office of the Mayor and Elected Members
- Office of the CEO
- Council and Committee Meetings
- Organisational Services
- Human Resources
- Organisational Development
- Customer Services
- Information Technology
- Records Management
- Media and Community Engagement
- Governance and Regulatory Services
- Regulatory Services
- Animal Management
- Council Owned Properties
- Economic Development
- Risk Management
- Internal Audit
- Strategic Planning
- City Growth and Operations
- Stormwater Drainage
- Environmental Management
- Transport Network
- Parks and Open Space Management
- Public Lighting
- Waste Management
- City Planning
- City Parking
- Smart Cities
- Lifestyle and Community
- Arts, Culture, Recreation and Leisure
- Community Events
- Local History and Heritage
- Palmerston Recreation Centre
- Community Halls
- Community Development
- Community Outreach
- Palmerston Swimming and Fitness Centre
- Financial Management
- External Audit
Do you want to become part of our success and take on one of our challenging and rewarding roles?
- A positive work environment: a workplace, where diversity is respected and valued; strong team spirit across our departments; an environment where staff are valued, supported and are included in decision making; social club activities and regular social gatherings and activities; equal opportunities.
- Work-Life balance: six weeks annual leave and three weeks personal leave; access to free and confidential counselling sessions; discounted access to health promotions programs; some flexibility in work arrangements.
- Professional development: dedicated support for training opportunities, study and professional development activities; internal training sessions; study leave; varied and challenging positions, opportunities for career development, opportunity to participate in Annual Local Government Management Challenge.
- Excellent remuneration: competitive salaries; additional employer superannuation contributions; salary continuance; salary packaging options.
Please read the information about the application process before you prepare your application.
Risk Management and Audit Committee
Council is seeking an additional independent member to join the Risk Management and Audit Committee.
The requirements of this role are:
- an understanding of local government and the environment in which it operates;
- knowledge and practical exposure including the ability to review and evaluate governance, financial management practices, internal controls and procurement;
- knowledge of regulatory and legislative requirements;
- an understanding of audit and risk management, including how it would relate to a public sector environment;
- demonstrated experience in roles that require high levels of financial literacy; and
- ability to maintain professional relationships with Elected Members, staff and other stakeholders.
An understanding of IT security and governance would also be desirable.
The position is for two years and is remunerated. The successful applicant would need to demonstrate their ability to commit to at least four meetings per year in person with the possibility of additional meetings should circumstances require. There may also be training sessions for Elected Members and staff required. Members are provided meeting agendas and reports in advance to ensure they are prepared.
The Terms of Reference for the Committee can be found here.
For further information please contact Council’s Director of Governance and Regulatory Services, Chris Kelly on 8935 9971 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are to consist of a letter of no more than 2 pages addressing the criteria above, along with a copy of the applicant’s CV.
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com and must be received by 5.00pm on Tuesday 10 September 2019.