Get Active, Palmerston is a 15-week health and wellbeing program running from Monday 9 August until Sunday 21 November 2021. The program offers Palmerston residents and visitors to the area a taste of the range of activities available in the community, catering to all fitness levels and abilities.
Get Active, Palmerston will be trialled as an alternative to Activate for the remainder of 2021. It offers low-cost and free health and wellbeing sessions to all members of the community.
The full program of activities will be available on Council's website from August 2021.
COVID-19 NOTE: Important message for participants
- Keep 1.5m distance between yourself and others.
- Ensure you regularly wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Sign in to each session to record your attendance
- Clean all equipment before and after use.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not attend any Activate sessions.
- All attendees must bring a large towel to each session.
How do I register to participate?
Registrations are currently closed and will open in August.
How do I register as a business to join the program?
Click here to complete an expression of interest form to join the program. Expressions of interest close on Sunday 4 July 2021.
Click here to download the Business Fact Sheet
Frequently asked questions
- How do I register?
Registrations are currently closed.
- Do I have to register for each block?
No, Get Active, Palmerston only requires one registration each financial year (1 July until 30 June 2022). You must then show your ticket details for each block to the instructor at the classes you attend.
- Can I register at any time?
Registrations for each block will open approximately one week before it commences.
- How long do the blocks run?
Get Active, Palmerston will run for a 15-week trial from 9 August until 21 November.
- What do I need to bring with me to classes?
This information is contained on the Activate timetables located on the website.
- Do I have to book for the classes?
Some classes do require bookings, while others do not. Information on booking requirements and contact details are contained in the program website. Please note: bookings are made direct with suppliers, not City of Palmerston.
- What if I haven’t done the activity before?
Great! Get Active, Palmerston is all about trying out new things to see if you like them. All of the suppliers must scale the workout to suit beginners, so get out there and give it a go.
- How do I keep up to date with the program?
The Activate Facebook page is the easiest way to keep up to date with the program and be notified of any last minute changes or cancellations. We also send out an e-newsletter with updates a few times during each block.
- Can I bring children to the classes?
Some classes are child-friendly while others offer creche. If you would like more information it is best to contact each supplier direct.
- Can I bring along a friend who isn’t registered?
Anyone that attends Get Active, Palmerston sessions must be a registered participant for insurance reasons.
- I have more questions, who do I contact?
Phone (08) 8935 9943 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you with any other queries you may have.