Share a wish, a hope or friendly tip for your neighbourhood to celebrate Parks Week.
Every March, Parks Week highlights the vital role parks play in creating liveable cities, thriving communities and promoting community wellbeing.
Council is celebrating Parks Week by adorning a tree with colourful ribbons filled with a wish, a hope or a friendly tip from community members.
The tree is located outside of the Palmerston Recreation Centre (11 The Boulevard) and will be on display until Monday 18 March. Thank you to the students from Palmerston College, Asthma NT and Kentish Lifelong Learning and other community members assisting with this project.
Why are parks and open spaces so important?
- Visiting parks is good for your physical and mental well-being
- Healthy parks are an essential ingredient for healthy people
- Parks support health and well-being, enhance the ability to cope with and recover from illness and injury and help to reduce the risk of chronic disease
- Parks build stronger and connected communities by providing places where people come together for leisure
- Parks provide environmental benefits to our cities
To learn more visit Parks Week.