Geekfest Top End (GTE) is set to be held on Saturday 13 July in 2019 with thousands of Territorians expected to attend the third instalment of Palmerston’s unique all ages event.
GTE will continue to be held across the three locations, the City of Palmerston Library, Recreation Centre with more exhibitors and entertainers set to fill Goyder Square.
Attendees will be treated to a range of entertainment and engaging activities, including virtual reality, PC and console, tabletop gaming, a dedicated anime movie room, Instagram photo booth, face painting, demonstrations, a cosplay (costume play) competition, jumping castles, craft activities with special guests Box Wars and Chalk Twins
Boxwars is both art and destruction, with an epic battle...all with cardboard.
• The battle theme will be declared at the event
• Participants must be 18 + years to take part in the battle or 15 + years with signed parent permission.
• All participants must complete a waiver at the event prior to battle between 4pm and 5.45pm, at the Information Desk inside the Palmerston Library.
• Participants must be available between 6pm and 7.30pm for the battle and any pre-battle preparations and briefings.
• Costumes and props will be provided
Interested in joining the battle, register now https://woobox.com/7o4aax
Remember - no one has won a battle yet, there are no winners BoxWars, only losers!
Frequently asked questions
- What ages can attend Geekfest Top End 2019?
The event is suitable for anyone between the ages of 7-99. Those aged 12 and under always need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
- How much does it cost to attend?
The event is free to attend with all activities also free of charge. There will be stallholders with items available for purchase including food, drinks and merchandise.
- Do I need to purchase a ticket to attend?
No, you are not required to purchase a ticket for entry into the event.
- What activities will be available?
Digital Gaming (PC, PS4, X-Box One, Wii, NES), virtual reality gaming, tabletop gaming, cosplay competition, face painting, photo booth, jumping castles, anime movie room, live DJ, competitions and prizes, food and drink stalls and more.
- How do I request to have a stall at Geekfest Top End?
Those interested in exhibiting at GTE will need to complete an expression of interest form by Friday 11 February 2019. Please return the form and all supporting documents to email@example.com
- How do I get to Geekfest Top End?
Public transport is available with the Palmerston Bus Terminal only 280m (or a 3-minute walk) to the event. View the Darwin Public Bus timetables.
- Is parking available at the event?
City of Palmerston has free untimed parking in all zones on weekends and public holidays. Parking options include locations behind the Recreation Centre (access via Hillson Street) and the carpark opposite Australia Post (access via Chung Wah Terrace or Palmerton Circuit).
- Will food and drink be available for purchase?
Yes, food and drink stalls will be located in Goyder Square. Food prices are between $5 to $20.
- Is alcohol available at the event?
No, the event is alcohol free.
- Will ATMs be available at the event?
While ATMs will not be available within the event zone, there are two located within walking distance. A NAB ATM is located outside of Satepak Building on Palmerston Cres and an ANZ ATM is located outside of the ANZ Palmerston branch on Palmerston Circuit.
- Do you have a cloak room?
No, all personal belongings should be supervised at all time.
- What if I lose or find something?
The lost and found station will be located at the Information Desk inside the City of Palmerston Library.
- Do you have an event Hashtag?
- How do I volunteer at Geekfest?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter about you and why you are keen to be apart of the event and your contact details to register your interest in volunteering.
- How can I stay updated about what’s planned for Geekfest Top End?
Follow our Facebook page to keep up to date with all the latest news.