Magical Park is a digital game designed for kids from 6-11 years of age that uses geospatial Augmented Reality. It turns a normal park into a fantasy world that gets kids off the couch and physically active outside within safe boundaries.
Magical Park is geofenced, which means the game can only be play in a selected park and doesn’t require the user to go on roads or leave the designated area.
The Magical Parks experience will be live in Palmerston at the Marlow Lagoon Recreation Reserve Oval from Saturday 7 July until Sunday 15 July.
Tips for parents
- Download the Magical Parks APP on WIFI before you arrive at the park
- Access to the internet is required to play the game
- Look for signs displayed at the park for further instructions
- Supervise your children while they play with smart devices
- Make sure your children are wearing sunscreen and a hat when playing in parks
Frequently asked questions
- Where can we play the game?
- Is there any charge to play or progress in the game?
- How long do kids play?
- What devices can it be used on?
- How much data does the game use?
- What is the size of the APP?
Is there any charge to play or progress in the game?
There is no cost to download the Magical Parks APP and there are no micro transactions that require children to spend money within the APP.
How long do kids play?
The games can last on average between 30 - 60 minutes.
What devices can it be used on?
Magical Park works on Android and Apple iOS. It will run on most mobile and tablet devices as long as they have an inbuilt GPS, Accelerometer, Gyroscope and Compass sensor. It also needs a little bit of mobile data to identify the players location.
How much data does the game use?
Magical Park only uses approx. 50KB of data per game, which is the equivalent of a plain email.
What is the size of the APP?
The iOS version of Magical Park is 116.4MB to download.
The Android version of Magical Park is only 59.77MB to download.
Each additional world download is about 8MB on average.