As second largest and fastest growing city in the Northern Territory, Palmerston is a regional hub with a promising future, positioning itself as the Family Capital of the Northern Territory and “A Place for People”.
Our City needs place-making works to create a sense of community where people can live, work, play and visit. These facilities encourage creativity, foster economic opportunities and enhance quality of life.
This project supports our growing community by developing infrastructure and new amenities (a community hub, digital and e-Gaming hub, community garden and kitchen, dog park, playground for families) to provide greater lifestyle choices and encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Costs and duration
Estimated $6 million over 3 years.
- embeds Palmerston as 'The Family City'
- supports growing family community south of Palmerston
- close to higher density development
- increases service delivery and community engagement
- provides greater lifestyle choices
- encourage active transport and healthy lifestyles
Council is seeking funding partnership between the Federal and the Northern Territory Government.
Photos L to R: off-leash dog park, development in Zuccoli, community garden and playground, vacant land in Zuccoli, artist impression of new community centre.