How to Join
Membership is free to Territory residents. For non-residents a $60 refundable deposit is required, (less a $15 administration fee). Identification that includes current residential address in the NT is required to join. People under 18 years of age require the signature of a parent or legal guardian.
As a part of the Connect NT network, all City of Palmerston Library members can use their library card at any library throughout the Territory. It is the convenience of one card but with ten times the resources on offer!
Click here for more information on the Connect NT system.
What you can Borrow
The library has a wide range of items for loan including Books, eBooks, eAudio books, Magazines, Music CDs, DVDs, Large Print, Spoken Word and LOTE (languages other than English).
The library offers an unlimited number of loans to members on all physical items, Lending periods apply as follows:.
- Books, Magazines and Spoken Word - 4 weeks
- DVDs and CDs - 4 weeks
- Wheelers eBooks - 4 weeks
- Bolinda eBooks and eAudioBooks - 2 weeks
- eMagazines - Unlimited
Reader Request Program
If our library does not hold a particular item that you require please see one of our staff members at the circulation desk. You can request the item through our Reader Request Program and we may either purchase it or request it from another NT library, at our discretion.
The City of Palmerston Library welcomes donations and contributions. Donations will be added to the collection, provided they meet the required selection criteria. Donations that are not required for the collection are disposed of through book sales or offered to other libraries. Donations or contributions made with conditions attached to them will be accepted at the discretion of the Manager Library Services.
The City of Palmerston Library also uses a combination of one or more of the following criteria in evaluating material for inclusion in the collection:
- Importance of the item to the balance of the collection
- Actual or potential demand for the item
- Timeliness or permanence of the work
- Quality of the writing
- Reputation and significance of the author and/or publisher
- Appropriateness for the library
- Appropriateness of age level and content
- Cost and format
- Currency and accuracy of the item
- Degree of bias, if any.
- For non-fiction: the number of books on the same subject already held by the library. For fiction, the number of copies held and whether it is part of a series
- Physical condition of the item i.e. damaged, age spots, dirty, clean.
Monday- Thursday 10am - 6pm
Friday 12 noon - 8pm
Saturday 10am - 1pm
Sunday 1pm - 4pm
Closed Public Holidays
Palmerston Library is Located at:
Goyder Square, The Boulevard in the City Centre