Key decisions from the ordinary Council Meeting held on Tuesday 13 March 2018 included:
- Council approved sponsorship to Cazaly’s Palmerston Club to the value of $30,000 to support the 2018 Northern Territory PGA Championship to be held at the Palmerston Golf Club in August.
- Council rescinded Policy MEE03 – Audio Recording of Meetings. A review of Council’s minute taking process was conducted, taking into consideration the use for ‘audio recordings’ for minute taking purposes and it has been found that Council has the appropriate resources and procedures to ensure accurate recording of minutes of a meeting without the need for audio recording.
- Palmerston ratepayers will soon be able to access their rate notices electronically as Council’s introduces the online service Ezybill.
- The City of Palmerston Library will closed for the Easter weekend, from close of business Thursday 29 April, re-opening Tuesday 2 April 2018.
- Council noted the City Centre Improvement Special Rate made on the 25 July 2017 has been set aside by the Supreme Court in October 2017.
Click here to view the agenda from the meeting.
The next ordinary council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 3 April 2018 at 6.30pm in Council Chambers on level 1 of Civic Plaza, corner Chung Wah Terrace and University Avenue Palmerston. Residents are welcome to attend.