Council has two departments - Corporate and Community Services and Technical Services.
Corporate and Community Services
Corporate and Community Services has two work teams:
- Corporate Services: incorporating Finance, Human Resources, Records Management, Information Technology and Customer Service.
- Community Services is divided into two sections:
- Library and Information Services: includes the Palmerston Library, Community Information Officers, and Kids Action Time. Library membership is open to all Northern Territory residents.
- Community Development: includes Events, Youth, Recreation, Community and Healthy Communities Development Officers. The section also brings in project officers for specific projects, such as Safe Communities.
Technical Services is divided into two sections:
- Operations and Development: responsible for maintaining parks and gardens, council owned infrastructure (such as community centres and roads), rubbish collection and environmental management. In the Northern Territory, Councils do not administer planning and development applications.
- Ranger Services: responsible for legislation, regulations and by-laws relating to Palmerston. This includes traffic management, animal management, signage and public places.