The City of Palmerston offices and Council Chambers are located on the first floor of Civic Plaza - corner of Chung Wah Terrace and University Avenue.
The Elected Council consists of the Mayor and six Aldermen including the Deputy Mayor.
Palmerston does not operate under a ward system with each Alderman serving the entire local community, rather than a specific region within the municipality.
Palmerston was originally governed by the Palmerston Development Authority, which later became the Palmerston Town Council, was designated a City in 2000 and became Palmerston City Council and now is known as the City of Palmerston.
‘A Place for People’
The City of Palmerston is committed to:
- Improving the safety of all our citizens
- Maintaining our own identity
- Providing services, facilities and amenities to support the community’s needs
- Developing and maintaining our reputation for being clean and green
We will achieve this through:
- Delivering to our community high quality value for money services that meet their diverse needs
Commitment and Accountability
Sustainability and Self-Sufficiency
A Culture of Continuous Improvement