Do you have a passion for video making and social media?
Enter the Film Me In! Competition for your chance to win, with a total prize pool valued at $3,000 up for grabs.
What you need to do:
• Attend ANY of the festival 7* events held between 13 – 20 July 2019. Click here for a list of all scheduled events.
• Meet the brief: create a 30-second advertisement promoting ONE of the Youth Festival events. The advert must appeal to an audience of people aged 12 – 25 years and promote the enjoyable and exciting elements of the event.
• Edit the footage and submit the completed video online within 48 hours of the conclusion of your selected event.
• 1st Prize - $1,500 ($800 cash and $700 worth of vouchers)
• 2nd Prize - $1,000 ($500 cash and $500 worth of vouchers)
• 3rd Prize - $500 worth of prizes ($250 cash and $250 worth of vouchers)
How to be involved
Register: In-person at Palmerston Recreation Centre, 11 The Boulevard, Palmerston to collect your information pack from Monday 1st July until Friday 19 July 2019 (8am to 5pm).
Enter: 13 July to 22 July 2019
Upload your video to https://woobox.com/8pbdn9 within 48 hours of the end of your selected event.
Permitted Video Formats: VIMEO, Vine, YouTube URL, Instagram
*excluding the Anime - A - Thon and No Lights No Lycra
Terms and Conditions of Entry
A. All entry content must be the original work of the person/s submitting the entry.
B. Participants under 18 years of age must obtain parents’ permission to take part in the competition.
C. Participants must supply their own filming equipment.
D. Participants may work in groups to complete a video (maximum of 6 people per entry).
E. The maximum length of an entry is thirty (30) seconds and a minimum of fifteen (15) seconds.
F. Video entries must be submitted through the nominated upload process outlined in ‘How to Enter’
G. Entries must be suitable for audiences of all ages (G) rating including children less than 15 years of age (no violence, sexual references or coarse language).
H. Participants must obtain written permission for all music or other copyright material used in its entry. If a participant chooses to use published music, permission in the form of a license agreement must be obtained. To avoid paying a licence fee, we strongly encourage participants to use original or unrestricted music.
I. The City of Palmerston is not liable for any loss or damage to equipment or property while participating in this competition.
J. A minimum of 50 percent of the video footage must be filmed onsite at the selected Palmerston Youth Festival event.
K. All entries become the property of the City of Palmerston and by submitting an entry for judging, participants assign absolutely to the City of Palmerston all intellectual property rights, including copyright of the entry.