All requests for Scholarship funding will be referred by the Chief Executive Officer to the Community, Culture and Environment Committee for consideration, followed by a recommendation to Council.
Individuals are eligible to apply for scholarships.
- Be a resident of Palmerston.
- Be an Australian Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa.
- Be undertaking study or be enrolled in an accredited tertiary educational institution or training provider delivering qualifications adhering to the Australian Quality Training Framework.
- Be enrolled full time or part time for the duration of the Scholarship.
- Submit a completed Sponsorship Application Form.
If successful, a Scholarship Agreement will be developed with each applicant and include scholarship value, scholarship duration, ongoing eligibility and other obligations and conditions.
A scholarship may be terminated if the recipient ceases to meet the eligibility criteria, withdraws from his/her course or if the recipient breaches any conditions of the Scholarship Agreement. No acquittal is required.
All applicants must complete the Scholarship Application Form and attach it to the written application.