- Events and Activities
- Health and Wellbeing
- Community Safety
- Children and Families
- Palmerston Community Directory
- Goyder Square TV
- Art and Culture
- Community Trailers
In 2012, City of Palmerston began working with the community to establish Palmerston's first community garden at Confalonieri Park in Gray. Using funding provided by the Federal Government, and in partnership with an enthusiastic bunch of community volunteers, Harvest Corner Community Garden sowed its first seeds in 2013 and continues to grow under the management of its committee of local residents.
Our vision is that the Community Garden inspires healthy and sustainable growth - in the garden, the gardeners and the whole community.
To achieve our vision:
- We will work together to create a beautiful, safe and nourishing garden that is welcoming to everyone and shared by all.
- The garden will be green in every sense incorporating environmentally friendly and sustainable gardening practices.
- Everybody will be valued for their individual qualities and strengths.
- We will have fun - gardening, learning, playing and relaxing!
How to get involved? New members are always welcome. Join a bunch of like-minded people in learning and sharing how to grow and eat local produce. Working Bees are held on the 3rd Sunday of each month from 8-10am. Social gathering on the first Friday of each month, from 5pm. Individual plots available. Kids welcome.