The Palmerston Arts Strategy 2016 - 2021 was endorsed by Council on 6 September 2016. The Strategy sets out goals and actions to be achieved through collaborative planning and strategic partnerships. It identifies strategic programs and projects for all art forms and includes arts initiatives for future capital works and developments. Click here to download your own copy of the Palmerston Arts Strategy 2016 - 2021.
Three arts projects are identified within the Palmerston Arts Strategy to provide a focus to achieve the following outcomes:
- Outcome One: To secure partnerships with sector stakeholders
- Outcome Two: To increase participation and engagement in arts, culture and heritage
- Outcome Three:To improve places and spaces
- Outcome Four: To communicate the value of arts, culture and heritage
The three projects are:
- ‘Voices of Palmerston’, a multi arts, multi-cultural project to engage all ages to collect and tell the stories of Palmerston people
- Public arts enhancement and activation of the streetscape and public open space focusing on the CBD, particularly Goyder Square
- Creative enterprise activation, focusing on collaborative planning for management and use of The Heights, Durack Community Centre
The Strategy outlines a detailed 5 year Action Plan that guides progression of projects and programs to achieve the outcomes identified.