With the environment, greenhouse gasses and global warming 'hot topics' around the world, recycling is one of the easiest things you can do at home to help save the planet!
The benefits of recycling are endless, but some examples include:
- Reducing the amount of rubbish sent to landfill
- Decreasing greenhouse gas emissions
- Reducing your carbon footprint
- Reducing dependence on non renewable resources
The City of Palmerston makes recycling simple - just make sure you put the right items in the right bin! The yellow lidded recycling bins are collected fortnightly from houses, or weekly from unit complexes. Click here to view the recycling bin collection calendar.
What can I put in the recycling bin?
- Cans - steel, aluminum and empty aerosols
- Glass bottles & jars
- Milk & juice cartons
- Newspapers, cardboard, magazines
- Plastics classified 1-7... just look for the symbol below with the #1-7 in the middle
Make sure you wash all bottles, jars and cans before placing them in your recycling bin. Only one unwashed jar can contaminate an entire load, making it unable to be recycled. What can be recycled?
If you have any questions about recycling in Palmerston, including collection days and what can be put in your recycling bin, please call 8935 9950.