- About Palmerston
- Water and Electricity
- Waste Management
- Cyclone Preparation
- New Residents Guide - Living in Palmerston
Feeding wildlife can be harmful to their health and our waterways.
DID YOU KNOW that by feeding wildlife:
- You can make wildlife dependent on humans and eventually they stop foraging for their natural food.
- Bread has no nutritional value and can contribute to dietary imbalances, serve deficiencies, obesity, sickness and deformities.
- Uneaten human food can find its way into the lakes leading to a decrease in water quality. The food can spoil and lead to health issues if consumed by wildlife and this has a detrimental effect on both the native terrestrial and aquatic life that rely on our waterways.
- We encourage everyone to enjoy our waterways and the diverse number of species of native wildlife that inhabit this region.
We encourage everyone to enjoy our waterways and the diverse number of species of native wildlife that inhabit this region.
Please report injured wildlife to:
Wildcare INC. NT
P: 8988 6121
Please report Crocodile sightings to:
The Crocodile Management Team
M: 0419 822 859